Plasticizer called plasticizers, chemical A scientific phthalates (Phthalates) is a group of compounds, mainly used in PVC materials, make PVC hard plastic into a flexible plastic, play plasticizer (add increased flexibility of plastic material in which plastic) role. It is widely used in toys, food packaging materials, medical bags and hoses, vinyl flooring and wallpaper, cleaning agents, lubricants, personal care products, such as nail polish, hair spray, soap and shampoo hundreds of products in. The most common variety is DEHP (DOP commonly known in the industry). DEHP chemical called phthalate (2─ ethylhexyl), is a colorless, odorless liquid. The Taiwanese manufacturers with a common industrial plasticizer DEHP instead of palm oil used as food additives to fill the cloud agent, can be considered unscrupulous businessmen fraud is another counter-example.
Hazard Phthalates Phthalates
New research from Germany shows that many cosmetics, there is a danger to health chemicals Phthalate toys, food packaging. Studies have shown that over the past few decades the global reduction in the number of sperm may be widely used as softeners in light of related chemicals phthalates. This substance is widely present in cosmetics, children's toys, food packaging, if the content is excessive, harmful to human health great harm. Studies have shown that phthalates in humans and animals play a role similar to estrogen, can interfere with endocrine, reduce men's semen volume and sperm count, low sperm motility, abnormal sperm morphology, a serious cause of testicular cancer , male reproductive problems is caused by the "culprit." In cosmetics, the highest phthalates in nail polish, many cosmetics also contain aromatic components of the substance. Cosmetics such substances can enter the body through the respiratory system and skin of women, if you use too much, it will increase the chances of women suffering from breast cancer, but also endanger their future fertility of the male reproductive system.
Phthalates often found in those materials?
Phthalates are a class can play a role in softening chemicals. It is widely used in toys, food packaging materials, medical bags and hoses, vinyl flooring and wallpaper, cleaning agents, lubricants, personal care products, such as nail polish, hair spray, soap and shampoo hundreds of products in.
Phthalates in toys limiting command
As people awareness of Phthalates (phthalate), and children's products phthalates attention to more and more attention. The European union in 1999 made a formal decision in the EU member states, to 3 years of age Toys (such as baby pacifiers) in contact with the mouth of children and other children's products in the phthalic acid salt content will be strictly limited. Experts found that the soft plastic toys and children's products containing phthalates are likely to be put into the mouth of a child, if left long enough, it will lead to the dissolution of phthalates exceed safe levels, would endanger children liver and kidneys, and can cause harm precocious puberty.
Restrictions phthalates in toys and childcare articles of EU Directive 2005/84 / EC Directive, on January 16, 2007 entered into force, all EU member states was July 16, 2007 the directive into national legislation, January 16, 2008 began to implement their own legislation.
According to Directive, it means any child care helps children sleep, relaxation, hygiene, and feeding the child or the child suck products, including a variety of shapes and types of pacifiers.
2005/84 / EC Directive on phthalates restrictions:
● 3 types of phthalates (DEHP, DBP and BBP) toys or child care articles of plastics contained concentration should not exceed 0.1%.
● DEHP, DBP and BBP concentration of more than 0.1% of the toys and childcare articles may not be sold in the EU market.
● Children can be put into the mouth of toys and child care articles, plastic contains three types of phthalates (DINP, DIDP and DNOP), concentration should not exceed 0.1%.
● DINP, DIDP and DNOP concentration of more than 0.1% of the toys and childcare articles may not be sold in the EU market.
● Clearly concerned DEHP, DBP and BBP content restrictions will affect all toys and childcare articles, not just the child can be placed in the mouth toys and childcare articles, the risk assessment is the official reason these three substances classified as (Article II reproductive toxicant). On the other hand, the instruction said that inadequate or controversial scientific evidence on DINP, DIDP and DNOP in. Therefore, the EU anti-precautionary principle, namely to take measures based on risk rather than the actual risk may arise, limiting the role of DINP, DIDP and DNOP, but less stringent restrictions.
Latest phthalates in 18 kinds of harmful substances: